Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Your Safe Haven



I don't know about you, but there are days that are just rough.
You get a flat tire, you deal with some very rude people at work, another parent puts you down for your parenting or even worse talks negatively about your child, deadlines, bosses breathing down your neck, etc.
Among the chaos of this world, there should be one place that you feel comfortable going.
That one place, that you know that when you walk in the door you can sigh a breath of relief.
You can rest assured, that although not perfect, it is a place where you will feel loved.
You know you will leave feeling refreshed and you know that you can face the next tough day because you have a wonderful place to go to when the going gets tough.



I will be the first to admit that our home as not been the picture of peaceful lately.
Life with a newborn and a 3 year old can make for some pretty loud and chaotic days.
The house is not always clean and picked up.  It's a true gift when both kids are happy and content.  Usually one is crying or whining, so peaceful, refreshing and a haven might not be the best words to describe where our home is these days.



But I strive to make our house a place where people feel loved and accepted.
I want my kids to feel cherished and have the courage to learn and to fail.
I want my husband to come home and know that his kids and wife think he hung the moon.



A home doesn't just happen.  Just because someone builds you a house does not mean that you automatically have a home.
No, a home requires work.
A home requires love and an intentional effort to daily make it a safe haven for your family.
Most of the time the work falls on us as women.
What a huge honor that is, but yet what a huge responsibility.
I pray that over the course of this month, we really focus on giving our families one of the most precious gifts.... a loving home!






2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I look forward to coming each day to your blog to see the next bit of encouragement. I am a homeschooling momma to eight year old twin boys. I have my share of rough days and need all the encouragement I can get to focus on making our home a loving one. Happy Wednesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging! And yes, such a huge responsibility!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...