Friday, December 23, 2011

Yummy in my tummy

I find it very hard to believe that Christmas is the day after tomorrow.
Merry Christmas Eve's Eve.  :)

So this week has been a little hectic.

My mom and little brother will be here in T minus 2 hours and counting and I couldn't be more excited.
Well my husband might be..... he can not wait for Kade to get here so he'll have some one to play with.
You know guy play.... wrestling, punching, playing Xbox, that kind of stuff.
Poor guy, he is in a house full of girls.  It's just him and our lone ranger Mr. Zorro.

So to prepare for the holiday season, I baked! 
Yes weird I know, but I grew up loving this part of Christmas and I have to carry on the tradition.

So.... I spent all day Monday and Tuesday baking my brains out.
And then I got to do my favorite part, delivering my goodies to our friends and neighbors.

When I was younger, we used to bake with my mom and then fight over who got to take which plate to which friend/ neighbor.....  
So I thought I'd show you a quick little preview of what we did.
This year, I stuck to two things and made BIG batches of both.

First up, Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls


Oh goodness gracious, these are amazing.  
Do yourself a favor and take a few hours and make these suckers.
They aren't hard at all.  A little time consuming but well worth it.

And then I took a break and took my kid to Chic Fil A.
What is it with kids and that place?
They love it!  And I kind of love it too.
So here is Little Miss being all independent and playing in their play area.


And then I spent the rest of the day making an army of Gingerbread men.
These little guys are amazing! (if I don't say so myself)
And here is a tip, to keep your gingerbread from getting crunchy.
Put a piece of bread in the container (separated by wax paper) to keep those suckers good and yummy


Well I'm off to pig out on my creations and enjoy the holidays with my family!
Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...