Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tis the Season


Every time I see this picture I tear up.
I do!
It is the most beautiful thing I have seen.

Here is a little one, who probably has nothing.  Yet, she is praising God with everything in her!

This picture alone stirred something in me.   
It spoke to me enough that I asked for my Christmas present, that I wanted to sponsor a child.

We live in a world of wealth!  Yet, we still want more money, things, etc.  Most of us have enough money to put food on the table, and keep a roof over our heads and yet we still want more.
Americans will go into debt to give "stuff" for Christmas.  This isn't the way it should be.
We are so blessed and it is our responsibility to share it.

It's amazing that a picture can really make that big of an impact.

I know most of you have heard of Compassion International 
If you haven't check out this website.

And if you are looking for some Christmas gifts, why not agree to sponsor a child.
Not only do you give a small monthly amount to your child, but you also get to exchange letters, mail presents, and really begin a relationship with this kiddo.

Caleb picked our child for us, and I can't wait to meet him/her on Christmas day when I get to open my present and learn all about our child.

Teach your kids, it's not just about giving and getting presents.  (All though that is a ton of fun)
But it's also about showing God's love to others.

And while I'm at it, I thought I'd leave you with yet another beautiful picture and quote!  


"Intense love does not measure, it just gives."  
- Mother Theresa


1 comment:

  1. I love that Jami! I have heard really good things about that organization, what a wonderful idea! James and I were having a similar conversation the other night (about the amazing excess of 'stuff' and the insatiable desire to keep getting more-totally not what we're called to do). Glad to see you are doing well and thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...